Download the Walker Information Packet!
It features fast facts, an online participation registration form, fundraising strategies, tips for team captains, details about walk prizes and more!
Edit your fundraising website:
When you registered, you created a username and password. These allow you to log in to your fundraising web page.
- Click on "LOGIN” on the upper right side of the walk website to log in.
- If you have any problems logging in call us at 714-573-WISH (9474) or email email@example.com.
Login to the April 22 Riverside Walk
Login to the April 29 Irvine Walk
Customize your fundraising website:
Do you know that walkers who update their personal page raise nearly three times the amount of those who leave the standard template? Customize your page so that your friends and family know a little more about why you are walking for local wish children.
Customize three simple things to ensure success!
- Set a fundraising goal: Visit the incentives page for some inspiration of how high you want to go!
- Write a custom message for your page: Share your own story. Did your child (or someone you know) benefit from a wish? Or maybe your story is one of gratefulness for healthy children. Whatever your reason, share this with your contacts so they can know what inspires you.
- Choose a wish video or add a personal photo of yourself
Recruit Friends and Family To Join Your Team or to DONATE:
Reach out to friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors (anyone you know!) to join your team or to contribute toward your fundraising goal. An average of one in four emails walkers send results in a gift!
1. Send your contacts a simple email to tell them what you’re up to, with a link to your fundraising page. Here’s some sample text you can use to craft your email:
On April 22/29, Make-A-Wish® Orange County and the Inland Empire will host the third annual Walk For Wishes® event at Orange County Great Park in Riverside/Irvine.
Walkers from across the community will participate in this event to support Make-A-Wish in their mission to grant wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Children come to Make-A-Wish during what is perhaps one of the most frightening times of their lives. It’s a time when playing, learning and laughing is all too often replaced with uncertainty, hospital visits and medical treatments. With one question- “If you could have one wish, what would it be?” – Make-A-Wish can empower children to once again believe. Ultimately, a wish come true restores hope, renews strength and returns the joy of a childhood.
My goal is to raise $_____ to help grant wishes for local kids. I would greatly appreciate any donation you can give to help me reach my goal! Every donation, no matter how small, is a great step toward granting a wish. You can make a direct tax-deductible donation to me by visiting my personal website: _____________.
If you’d like to join my team and walk with me on walk day, just visit this page:____________ and click “Join This Team.” Your registration fee includes an event T-shirt, lunch, all of the activities in the World of Wishes festival area and entertainment! As a team, we also have the opportunity to earn fundraising incentives along the way!
I truly appreciate your support! If you have any questions or would like more information about the walk, you can contact the Make-A-Wish staff at 714-573-9474. Of course, you can always email me at ________ or call me at _________ to learn more about my fundraising progress. Thanks so much for your generosity!
2. Prefer to use a paper form to share info with your friends?
Add your team name to the top of this template, print copies and then mail to friends and family!
Riverside Event – Click here for template
Irvine Event– Click here for template
3. Other ways to share your news:
- Create a line under your email signature that says “Support my efforts at Walk For Wishes and visit my site at www…”
- Share your team or personal fundraising page link on all of your social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc). Challenge your friends to join you- or help you reach your fundraising goal! Make it fun for them to donate- maybe when you reach $200 you’ll post a goofy photo of yourself, or for every $25 donation, your friends will be entered into a drawing for a $5 Starbucks gift card! Get creative!
- Work in an office? We can help you make a custom flier to hang in the breakroom to share the information with your co-workers. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help!
Additional Fundraising Ideas:
- Host a yard sale! Collect items from friends and neighbors and make sure buyers know that their purchases are supporting wishes!
- Host a fundraiser at a local restaurant! All you need to do is set the date and time, print fliers and hand them out to friends and family to encourage them to dine. The restaurant will make a donation from a portion of the sales! To learn more click here.
- Need more ideas? Contact us at email@example.com and we'll brainstorm with you!
- What are the basic event details?
- How many people are on a team?
- A team is made up of a minimum of 4 people. However, your team can include 10, 50, 200 people or more! The more the merrier!
- Do you have any amazing wish videos I can share with my team and donors?
- Can we collect cash and checks too?
- Of course! Ask your donors to make their checks out to Make-A-Wish Orange County and the Inland Empire. To submit funds, use this donation form.
- Where can I park?
- There is plenty of free parking at the Great Park OC and Fairmount Park in Riverside. There will be signs directing you to the lot on the day of the event.
- Where can I make a Walk t-shirt for my team?